Biggest Set of Changes Ever
The Office 365 for IT Pros team is delighted to announce that subscribers can now download the December 2019 update for the 2020 Edition. Updated files are available for the EPUB/PDF version on Gumroad.com and for the Kindle version on Amazon. The Office 365 for IT Pros FAQ has more details about how subscribers can download book updates.
Given the volume of changes announced at the recent Microsoft Ignite 2019 conference in Orlando, we always knew that a massive update would come in December. Despite only covering functionality that we have had hands-on access to in generally available or preview software, we updated 21 of the 24 content chapters. The change log has details of changes made to each chapter.
Office 365 for IT Pros December Updates
Among the big changes covered in the December 2019 update are
- Description of the Office 365 substrate and its importance to Office 365.
- New MacOS interface for Outlook.
- Introduction of private channels and rich federated chat for Teams (including PowerShell support for private channels).
- Trimming for videos stored in Stream.
- Update for Microsoft Business Voice.
- Flow is now Power Automate.
- SharePoint Online support for Sensitivity Labels.
In addition to the changes mentioned in the change log, many other minor updates were made to keep the content of the book focused, accurate, and up to date.
If you’re a Office 365 for IT Pros subscriber, please download the updates now. If you’re not a subscriber, maybe you should become one and benefit from a book that is kept updated to match the ongoing change inside Office 365.